Name: Muawya Ahmed Sayyid Ahmed Waraq
Date of birth: 1968
Address: Square 22, Abu Seid, Omdurman
- 1. Bachelor in Islamic Studies - University of the Holy Quran and the Islamic Sciences with Grade (V.Good) (hons) in 1991.
- 2. Masters in Usool Al Fiqh (Fundamentals of Islamic Jurisprudence), University of the Holy Qur'an and the Islamic Sciences, with Grade (Excellent) 1995, Research Title Khabar al-Wāḥīd for for Usooluon (Scholars of Usul),(Khabar al-Wāḥīd is a Hadith that has been reported from the Prophet in which the number of narrators in all generations of transition is not enough to accept the authenticity of Khabar (information reported).
- 3. Doctoral Specialization: Usool Al Fiqh (Fundamentals of Jurisprudence), University of the Holy Qur'an and the Islamic Sciences, 1999 with (Excellent standard). Research Title: ‘Ratiocination of Ahkam (Islamic Injunctions) between Affirmers and Negators’
- 4. Higher Diploma in Psychology – Al Neelain University - Sudan, 2008
- 5. Diploma in Neuro-Lingusitic, INPLTA,- International NLP Trainers Association, (USA). Study was organized in Khartoum - the Center for Quality and Excellence - Sudan 2006.
Training Courses :
- 1. Educational Preparation – Staff Development Center - the University of Khartoum - Sudan, 1997.
- 2. Teaching Staff Professional Development - the University of West Kordofan - Sudan, 2000
- 3. Creative Approaches to Memorizing the Holy Quran - Center for Quality and Excellence Studies - Sudan 2006
- 4. A course in English language - Center for Languages and Translation - Sudan – 2006
- 5. Leadership and Change Management - Center for Quality and Excellence Studies – Sudan
- 6. Strategic Planning - International Centre for Quality – Sudan May 2007
- 7. Diploma in “Professional Excellence in International Standards” - Sharm El Sheikh - Egypt 2010
- 8. Diploma in “Professional Excellence in International Standards” - Abu Dhabi –UAE 2011
- 9. Practical Program for Evaluators of Sudan's Award for Excellence - Malaysia 2011
- 10. Certificate of Arbitrator - European Excellence Model –Malaysia 2011
Administrative Experience :
- 1. Deputy Vice-Chancellor- University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences, March 2015- Present.
- 2. Principal- University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences, May 2010- March 2015
- 3. Secretariat of Academic Affairs - the University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences, June 2002 - 2010.
- 4. Director of Admission and Registration - University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences - 2000 – 2002
- 5. Dean of the Faculty of Islamic Sciences and Arabic Language- University of West Kordofan - Sudan, 1999 – 2000
- 6. Secretary General of the Association of the Holy Quran - Upper Nile State - Sudan, 1996 – 1997
- 7. Supervisor of the Holy Qur'an Institute - University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences - Malakal 1992 – 1993
- 8. Registrar- Faculty of Education - University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences - Malakal 1992 – 1994
- 9. Teaching Assistant, Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and a Professor (awarded professorship in 2008) – University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences, 1989 – Present
- 10. Part time Teaching-Assistant - The Holy Quran Institute – University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences, 1989-1991.
- 1. The establishment of the Faculty of Education - Malakal - University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences.
- 2. Founder of the Association of the Holy Quran in the Upper Nile State.
- 3. A number of lectures and seminars in Khartoum State.
- 4. A number of scientific committees at Higher Education institutions – Sudan
- 5. The first Seminar on curricula development at the University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences, 1997.
- 6. Khateeb (a person who delivers the sermon (Khuṭbah) literally "narration", during the Friday prayer and Eid prayers) and the Imam of Friday prayers at a number of mosques in Khartoum State
- 7. The Comprehensive Da’wah Program - Khartoum State- Da’wah Missions to Sharq ANeel (Nile eastern) areas 1418H.
- 8. Participations in a number of Da’wah and intellectual television programs on Sudan TV. Programs: Wajh AlNahar – MaaAl Mujtamaa - At the Door of Rayyan) 2001 – 2003
- 9. Presentation and Preparation of Aslih Hayatk (Reform Your Life) at Tayba TV channel 2012-2013.
- 10. Member of the preliminary committee for establishing the Professional Association of Sudanese Higher Education academic Staff - Sudan (issued by decision of the organizations registrar the Republic of Sudan) – 2006.
- 11. Presentation of a number of lectures and training courses at a number of training centers in Sudan.
- 12. Supervision and discussion of graduate students’ researches at the U of HQIS and other Sudanese universities.
- 13. Arbitrator for a number of teaching staff promotions at U of HQIS and other universities inside and outside Sudan.
- 14. Member of the Scientific Council of Jabra Scientific College(private Higher Education Institution) by a decision form the minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- 15. Member of Higher Education Admission Policies Review Committee by a decision form the minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research 2014.
- 16. Member of Expert Committee for Institutional Excellence Award- University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences, 2014.
- 17. Head of Evaluation team for the Sudanese Banks’ Banking Technology Award, organized by Sudanese Banks Union 2013.
- 18. Member of ‘Committee for Studying Financing Higher Education Institutions’ by a decision of Minister of Higher Education No. (83) for the year 2013.
- 19. Member of the Supreme Council for Administrative Reform and Quality- Khartoum State, by decision No (90), 1994) by the state governor.
- 20. Head of Curricula and Requirements Preparation Committee- Higher Institute for Islamic Fiqh(Islamic Jurisprudence) by a decision from the General Secretary of the Islamic Fiqh Academy, 2014
- 21. Member of the Islamic Fiqh Academy by decision no (1) from the president of the Republic, 2015
- 22. Member of the General Department for Fatwa, and member of the Economic Department at the Islamic Fiqh Academy, 2015
Research Papers Conferences and Seminars :
- 1. ‘Fiqh ATadarruj (Gradualism-based Jurisprudence) in Islamic legislation, Comprehension and Application’ - peer-reviewed and published
- 2. Religion and AIDS, a scientific paper presented at the Conference on AIDS Prevention- Sudan University of Science and Technology
- 3. ‘Islam Policy in Preventing and Forbidding Corruption’, presented at the International Anti-Corruption Conference- Naif Academy – KSA.
- 4. ‘Ataseel (Islamic Authentication Approach) Basics and Rules’.
- 5. ‘Leniency in Ijtihad conditions for Usuliyeen (Scholars of Usul)’ (peer-reviewed and published)
- 6. 'Ataseel (Islamic Authentication Approach), Concepts and Basis’- Al Mustaqbal University, presented at the Seminar of “the Sudanese University in the Third Millennium”.
- 7. ‘Leadership- Principles and Guidelines through the Prophetic Hadith’, printed and published by the Sudan Scholar Corporation.
- 8. Ethical Theory, Review of Fundamentals, Standards and Sources”, presented at the Round Table Conference of Arab universities Academic Staff’.
- 9. “Behavior Reform in the light of the Prophetic Hadith” (printed and published)
- 10. ‘Jurisprudence and its Fundamentals between Traditions and Contemporariness’, presented at The Third International Conference, Minia University.
- 11. ‘Freedom of Opinion and Expression in Islamic Legislation’ (published in the Journal of International University of Africa)
- 12. ‘Fiqh Al-Waqi ' (Jurisprudence based on current Affairs)’ - a research presented at the Fourth International Conference - Minia University.
- 13. ‘Using Psychological Tests in Professional Selection’.
- 14. ‘Authentication at Educational Institutions in the Republic of Sudan, Aspects and Perspectives’ (joined work with a number of experts at Institutions of Higher Education).
- 15. ‘Fundamentals of Excellence in the Islamic Administrative Model’.
- 1. Second Conference of the Holy Quran Association Secretaries -Sudan-1997 (attendance and discussion)
- 2. Fighting HIV/AIDS Conference-Sudan University of Science and Technology-Sudan, 2001 (a scientific paper)
- 3. Intellectual Property Rights Seminar - Naif Arab Academy for Security Sciences – KSA, June 2003 (attendance and discussion)
- 4. Arab International Anti-Corruption Conference - Naif Arab Academy for Security Sciences -Saudi Arabia - October 2003 ( a research)
- 5. Scientific Seminar on ‘Evaluation and Accreditation at Higher Education Institutions and Experience of the University of Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences - Sudan - 2005 (Chairman of Seminar).
- 6. Seminar on ‘The Service for the Prophet's Biography (Present Programs of and Future Prospects) - Research The Holy Quran and Sunnah Research Center - University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences - 2005 (a scientific paper).
- 7. Seminar on ‘The Sudanese University in the Twenty First Century’ - Center for Future Studies - Sudan - 2005 (a scientific paper).
- 8. Scientific Seminar on ‘Management of Quranic Halaqa (Quran Reading class) - University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences - 2005 (attendance and discussion)
- 9. Seminar on ‘Authentication of Knowledge- Principles and Objectives’ - The Holy Quran and Sunnah Research Center - University of the Holy Quran and Islamic Sciences - 2005 (attendance and discussion)
- 10. Seminar on ‘The Aspects of International Relations in the Prophet's Biography’ - Research Center for the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah - 2005 (Examiner)
- 11. Seminar on ‘The Status of Prophethood, between Honoring of the Loving and Offense of Haters’- Research Center for the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah - 2006. (Secretary of the Preparatory Committee)
- 12. The Second Scientific Conference - Department of Islamic Culture - The University of Khartoum (the Role of Scholars in the Development of the Nation and its Unity) - Sudan - 2006, ( attendance)
- 13. Round Table Conference of Academic Staff of Arab Universities - Libya – 2006. (participated by a research)
- 14. The Third International Conference: (Islamic Sciences between Heritage and Contemporary Issues of inimitability in the Holy Quran and Sunnah) - Minia University - Egypt - March 2007 (participated by a research)
- 15. Conference on Evaluation of University Performance, Quality Improvement and a Workshop of Qualification Requirements for Progress toward Accreditation Paths – Arab Administrative Development Organization - Sharm El Sheikh - Egypt - May 2007. (Attendance and discussion)
- 16. Fourth International Conference: ‘Arab Culture "Unity and Diversity" - Minia University - Egypt - March 2008 (a research)
- 17. Quality and Excellence Forum (organized by a group of experts of arbitration, quality and excellence in the Republic of Sudan). (presentation of a paper) 2013
- 18. The Second World Scientific Conference - University of the Holy Quran and the rooting of Sciences, Sudan - 2014 (a paper)
Posts held - Committees and Councils - U of HQIS :
- 1. By virtue of the previous post: (Secretary of Scientific Affairs):
A/ Senate Secretary
B/ Secretary of Promotion Committee.
C/ Member and Secretary of Academic Staff Nomination and Recruitment Committee.
D/ Member of the Faculty of Graduate Studies Council.
E/ Member of Students Affairs Council.
F/ Member of Faculty Councils.
G/ Member of Administration of Educational Process Council.
H/ Member of Committee of Mature Students Admission- Ministry of Higher Education- General Admission Administration.
- 2. Director of Center for Professional Development and Quality Assurance (formerly)
- 3. Editor of the university website Editorial Staff.
- 4. Chairman of Quality Development and Information Technology Council at the university (formally)
- 5. Member of Scientific Committee for Approval of Graduate Research plans. (formerly)
- 6. Member of Scientific Council of the Research Center of the Holy Quran and Prophetic Sunnah.
- 7. Member of the Scientific Council of Media Training and Production Center (formerly)
- 8. Alternate Chairman of the Council of Quality and Excellence. (formerly)
- 9. Member and Secretary of Planning and Future Forecasting – U of HQIS.
- 10. Head of Computing and Software Committee.
- 11. Member of the Department of Authorship, Translation and Publishing at the Holy Quran and Sunnah Research Center. (formerly)
- 12. Member of the Editorial Board of the University Journal.
- 13. Member of Authorship and Publishing Committee.
- 14. Member of the Council of Deanship of Scientific Research.
- 15. Member of the Department of Science Authentication at the Holy Quran and Sunnah Research Center.
- 16. Member of the Deans Council at the U of HQIS.
- 17. Member of the Academic Staff Promotions Committee.
- 18. Head of Committee for Preparation of Structural Organization and Proposals of Investment Units for the University Companies 2010.
- 19. Member of the Committee for the preparation of the proposed curriculum of the College of the Holy Quran at the Sudanese Indonesian Islamic University, June 2002.
- 20. Secretary of the Permanent Exam Committee of Hafadha (Memorizers) of the Holy Quran.
- 21. Member of the Academic Council of AL Neelain Center for Da’wah, July 2002.
- 22. Member of the Committee for Preparation of Distance Education Program - Faculty of Graduate Studies and Scientific Research, October 2002.
- 23. Head of the University Admission Committee, March 2003.
- 24. Member of the Da’wah Sponsoring Council in the Southern states, March 2003.
- 25. Secretary of the Supreme Committee - the Second Conference on Evaluation of the Educational System-University of the Holy Quran, June 2003.
- 26. Head of Coordination Committee for Cooperation with Mubarak Institute for Training Duaat (Muslim Preachers), August 2003.
- 27. Member of Evaluation and Development Committee for Graduate Studies System -University of the Holy Quran, January 2004.
- 28. Member of Planning Committee for the Third Graduation Ceremony, March 2004.
- 29. Member and Secretary of Higher Committee for the Third Graduation Ceremony, April 2004.
- 30. Head of Organization Committee of the Seminar on the Performance of University Branches in the Southern States, June 2005.
- 31. Head of Coordination and Printing Committee of Faculty Prospectus- August 2005.
- 32. Head of Academic Evaluation Committee, August 2005.
- 33. Head of Committee for Studying Academic Disciplines and Programs at the faculties of the university branches in the Southern states, September 2005.
- 34. Head of the Committee for Developing a Work Plan Proposal for the University Branch in Na`ima, December 2006.
- 35. Alternate Chairman of Educational Assessment and Evaluation Council, 2006-2008.
- 36. Member of the Higher Committee for the Faculty of the Holy Quran Silver Jubilee Celebration, February 2007.
- 37. Member and Secretary of the Committee for Preparation of the Proposal and Academic Plan of the School of Languages, 2007.)
- 38. Member of Committee for Nominating Quran teachers for Higher Diploma Program in Education and Quran Teaching Methodology for the academic year 2007-2008.
- 39. Evaluation and Reviewing Development Proposals of Performance of the Faculty of Sharia-Port Sudan, January 2008.
- 40. Member of the Preparatory Committee for the foundation of the Faculty of Education, Faculty of Social Sciences and the School of Languages, March 2008.
- 41. Secretary of Executive Secretariat for Educational Process Management- University of the Holy Quran, 2007 – 2008.
- 42. Member of the Department of Fiqh of Sunnah (Jurisprudence of all the Prophet’s sayings and doings), Sirah (the Prophet’s Biography) and Shamael (exemplary nature and personal habits of Prophet Muhammad (May peace and blessing of Allah be upon him), the Holy Quran and Sunnah Research Center, 2005-2008.
- 43. Member of Council for Evaluation Quality and Excellence, 2010.
- 44. Head of Committee for Writing Vision, Mission, Objectives and Responsibilities of Center of Evaluation Quality and Excellence, and Center for Evaluation and Accreditation 2010.
- 45. Secretary of Investment Committee-U of the HQIS.
- 46. Head of Committee for Preparation of the Statute of the Deanship of Library Affairs. )
- 47. Head of Committee for Preparing and Reviewing University Awards Proposals.
- 48. Member of Al Basiqat Engineering Company Board of Directors (a subsidiary company of the university).
- 49. Member of Al Barakat Company Board of Directors (a subsidiary company of U of the HQIS)
- 50. Editorial Advisor of the Center for Islamic Economic Studies Journal- U of the HQIS.